Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Almost Late for Work.

Lets see, somehow my alarm didn't go off this morning. Looked at the clock and grimly realized it was 6:20 AM. Crap, I gotta be at work at seven. Fine, out of bed, yank on the jeans, brush the teeth. Fly down the stairs and stuff my feet into my boots. Even tied them. Look at the clock again, 6:27. Cool, still have time.
Out the door into the truck, glad I've got a four wheeled vehicle. Strapping up to ride the motorcycle does take a certain amount of time. Not that I really have a choice right now, the mighty Suzook is missing it's engine due to the fact I'm having it stuffed with bigger pistons. Jumping up to 1230cc's, to be exact. Hotter cams, bigger carbs, and whatnot. More on that at a later date. But suffice it to say, it ought to ripple pavement when it's done, not to mention I imagine I'll have trouble keeping the front end on the ground. But I digress.
Back to the problem at hand. Running late. I hate that. Hit the gas station. Gotta have some coffee. On the road again. Should I chance speeding and a ticket? Hmmm, nah, pretty sure I'll make it. Well, as long as I don't get stopped by a wreck or a train. Here in CA, you never know. Anyway, to make a short story long, got clocked in at precisely 7:oo AM. Had the mill running at 7:01 AM.
Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: